THE BIG THINGS
• Ukrainian girls are rather shy at the beginning. Don’t expect that she shows emotions right away. But later in the relationship or marriage she will be happy to say “I love you” often and will give very tender emotions.
• Don’t be over critical and judgmental about Ukraine and Ukrainian life. Of course you are allowed an opinion, but being negative does not create a good image. Of course everyone respects native land, no matter how bad life there is.
• Don’t monopolize the conversation. While you should have a mental list of the things your Ukrainian lady should know about you, do not turn the date into a sales presentation. Ask your Ukrainian bride questions, answer hers, just be natural.
• Don’t be nervous. Relax and your personality will shine through!
• Don’t say that your family and friends oppose you marrying a Ukrainian bride – do not intimidate her. Instead, say that you will make sure everyone is friendly and will treat her nicely. And do indeed act on it – talk to friends and family and explain that this woman makes you happy.
• Don’t assume that if your Ukrainian woman has a career, she will be trying to wear the pants in the family. Most women in Ukraine are smart and hard-working, so they do often manage companies or groups of people. But when your lady leaves the office, she will want to be treated like a lady by the strong man by her side.
• Do be prepared to visit your Ukrainian lady here in Kharkov.
• Do know what you want. Sit down and make up your mind about several core qualities your future Ukrainian wife must have and look for those, but don’t forget about chemistry either!
• Do maintain good eye contact with your lady on a date.
• Do ask your lady to show you around Kharkov and tell you which spots she likes the most and why. This way you will get to know her faster.
• Do be honest with your Ukrainian girl about your feelings and intentions.
• Do tell the lady about your financial situation and how soon you expect her to start working to help support the family.
• Do tell your Ukrainian lady about your town and the kind of people who live there.
• Do ask her questions about her family, friends and work. She might be shy sharing the information without a question, but this is simple modesty. You have to know each other well for your romantic relationship to blossom.
• Do smile a lot and tell jokes if an opportunity arises – Ukrainian women have a good sense of humor and your date will appreciate you trying to make her smile.
• Do be the one who takes the lead of the relationship and suggest a plan of further action when you feel it is time. Don’t ask your lady how she wants to proceed – offer your plan and then ask her opinion. Ukrainian ladies do not want to be in the position of a leader in the relationship, but they want their opinion to be considered.
The small things
• Don’t give her an even number of flowers, this is only for funerals.
• Don’t allow your Ukrainian girl to carry a heavy item. If she shows up with a bag apart from her purse, she will be impressed if you offer to carry it.
• Don’t look at other women when you are out with your Ukrainian date – concentrate on her. And yes, she will notice.
• Do give up your seat if you are taking a bus with your Ukrainian lady and an elderly person or a woman with a baby walks in. She will see a gentleman in you right away.
• Do open doors for your Ukrainian date, especially if the door looks heavy.
• Do learn how to pronounce your Ukrainian lady’s name correctly and also the names of her parents and siblings.
• Do walk slower if your date is wearing heels.
Want more valuable info? Want to meet best Ukrainian brides?
Visit the Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency (UFMA) – the Most Effective Little Dating Agency in Ukraine!